Write for Us
Make Your Own Jointed Teddy Bear - 3
Selina M S
Now we are ready to joint our Teddy Bear.
Jointing our Teddy Bears
Art and Craft Supplies
You will need:
1 x set of five 'T' Pins with 10 small washers included in the pack - you can buy these directly from
Teddy Bear Bits
1 x pair of pliers
Tools required to Joint our Teddy Bears
1 x cotter pin turner - this looks like a screwdriver with a U shape at the end and helps to bend the joint wires over
1 x awl - this is used to punch holes through the fur to make the joint
Strong Cotton and needle
On the inside of Teddy's Body, make sure that you have marked the dot points from the body pattern to show where the arms and legs should be attached.
Teddy's Body inside out - make sure you mark spots on this side where the arms and legs meet to attach to the body with a marker
1. Take an arm or leg and make sure you use the side with the dot that shows it as the inner arm or inner leg for attaching to Teddy's Body.
2. Put both the body and the leg/arm together, making sure that the dots on the inside of the fabric match up.
3. Use the awl to punch a hole through both pieces of faux fur fabric.
4. Take a 'T' pin and place a washer over the top of it.
5. Place the 'T' pin and washer into the body of the Teddy and push the end through to the leg/arm so that you can see two small pieces of pin wire sticking straight up inside the limb.
6. Put the other washer over the the two pieces of wire.
'T' Pin joint
7. Use your Cotter Pin Tool to move the longer ended wire away from the smaller end and begin to roll the wire down on itself.
'T' Pin long side rolled down
Note - you may find using small jewellery pliers easier to do this.
'T' Pin both sides rolled down
8. When the long end is rolled down and the end has been safely tucked up so the wire sits on the washer, you can do the other shorter end in the same way.
When this is done, your Teddy Bear has an arm or leg jointed onto the body. The limb should move freely but not feel loose on the body.
9. Repeat the process for all four limbs. Leave the head to last.
Teddy Bear Body is jointed now. Just the head to do
Teddy's Jointed Body sitting up. He looks like the headless horseman!
1. Stuff Teddy's head before doing the joint.
Stuff Teddy's Head before jointing it to the body
2. Make a gathering stitch around the base of teddy's head and put the 'T' pin with the washer inside his head, pulling the gather stitch super tight.
3. Tie off the gathered material. You should have two ends of the 'T' pin sticking out. This is what you will insert through the top of Teddy's body.
Teddy's head, neck gathered and 'T' Pin ends sticking out
4. Make a gather stitch around the top of teddy's neck and put the ends of the 'T' pin through.
5. Tie off the neck ends and sink the knots of the cotton inside the body.
6. Place the other washer over the two pins and use the Cotter Pin Turner to roll the longer side down.
7. Rolle the 'T' Pin down on the shorter side.
Your Teddy Bear is fully jointed.
Once your Teddy Bear is jointed, you can stuff the limbs and sew up the seems. Make sure you use the Awl to pluck the fur out of the seems after sewing them up.
Teddy is all Jointed - view from his back
See this series from the
I like this Article
Request printables you want in the
Craft Found forum
More Articles by
Selina M S
The Handmade Expo - Morayfield
**%%Do you love checking out handmade stuff? %%** **%%Do you love to make handmade items?%%** ...
Make Your Own Jointed Teddy Bear - 5
Our Teddy Bear is ready to have his ears sewn on and the finishing touches added
Scrapbooking Canvas Mixed Media Art
Scrapbooking is very popular these days as I am sure you have noticed
Make Your Own Jointed Teddy Bear - 4
Our Teddy Bear is ready to have his facial features placed
Butterfly Bead Necklace and Earrings
Beading your own necklace and earrings is a wonderful way to show your own creative flair
Make Your Own Jointed Teddy Bear - 1
Teddy Bears are special companions for us children and adults alike
view all articles by Selina M S
Selina M S
on Other Hubs
Blood of the Lamb, a John Jordan Mystery Book 2
My Tummy Did Flip Flops That Night
We met through e-Harmony
Power in the Blood - A John Jordan Mystery
The Black Fang Betrayal - A Collaborative Novel
My Google Plus Profile
Submit a Comment
Cut these snowflakes from card, punch a hole in them and thread yarn through for Christmas ornaments...
Jungle Critter Bookmarks to Print
Learning to read is so important! I learnt alot of what I know from books
Herb Painting PrintSheet15
More herb printsheets for your crafting stash
Cardboard Tube Cat Family
Cats were revered by the Egyptians in ancient times
Armoured Horses to Colour
Download #Printables #Animals #Horse #Colouring Page
Fan Stencil - Whitney Houston
Use these images for stencils, posters, relief works or tracing/drawing practice
Vintage Goddess Poster Colouring Page
Colour your own serene lady
Have a go at drawing this cute owl
Dove Note Valentine Printable
**The Verse** Download printable sheet
Easy Ribbon Bow
Tying small bows can be a fiddly business
Colouring Pages for Women
Comicbook Animal Clipart
Cut and Paste
Comicbook Car Poster
Comicbook Halloween Collage Sheet
Serenata Blank Journal Pages
Single Journal Lined
Serenata Lined Journal Pages