Write for Us
Make Your Own Jointed Teddy Bear - 3
Selina M S
Now we are ready to joint our Teddy Bear.
Jointing our Teddy Bears
Art and Craft Supplies
You will need:
1 x set of five 'T' Pins with 10 small washers included in the pack - you can buy these directly from
Teddy Bear Bits
1 x pair of pliers
Tools required to Joint our Teddy Bears
1 x cotter pin turner - this looks like a screwdriver with a U shape at the end and helps to bend the joint wires over
1 x awl - this is used to punch holes through the fur to make the joint
Strong Cotton and needle
On the inside of Teddy's Body, make sure that you have marked the dot points from the body pattern to show where the arms and legs should be attached.
Teddy's Body inside out - make sure you mark spots on this side where the arms and legs meet to attach to the body with a marker
1. Take an arm or leg and make sure you use the side with the dot that shows it as the inner arm or inner leg for attaching to Teddy's Body.
2. Put both the body and the leg/arm together, making sure that the dots on the inside of the fabric match up.
3. Use the awl to punch a hole through both pieces of faux fur fabric.
4. Take a 'T' pin and place a washer over the top of it.
5. Place the 'T' pin and washer into the body of the Teddy and push the end through to the leg/arm so that you can see two small pieces of pin wire sticking straight up inside the limb.
6. Put the other washer over the the two pieces of wire.
'T' Pin joint
7. Use your Cotter Pin Tool to move the longer ended wire away from the smaller end and begin to roll the wire down on itself.
'T' Pin long side rolled down
Note - you may find using small jewellery pliers easier to do this.
'T' Pin both sides rolled down
8. When the long end is rolled down and the end has been safely tucked up so the wire sits on the washer, you can do the other shorter end in the same way.
When this is done, your Teddy Bear has an arm or leg jointed onto the body. The limb should move freely but not feel loose on the body.
9. Repeat the process for all four limbs. Leave the head to last.
Teddy Bear Body is jointed now. Just the head to do
Teddy's Jointed Body sitting up. He looks like the headless horseman!
1. Stuff Teddy's head before doing the joint.
Stuff Teddy's Head before jointing it to the body
2. Make a gathering stitch around the base of teddy's head and put the 'T' pin with the washer inside his head, pulling the gather stitch super tight.
3. Tie off the gathered material. You should have two ends of the 'T' pin sticking out. This is what you will insert through the top of Teddy's body.
Teddy's head, neck gathered and 'T' Pin ends sticking out
4. Make a gather stitch around the top of teddy's neck and put the ends of the 'T' pin through.
5. Tie off the neck ends and sink the knots of the cotton inside the body.
6. Place the other washer over the two pins and use the Cotter Pin Turner to roll the longer side down.
7. Rolle the 'T' Pin down on the shorter side.
Your Teddy Bear is fully jointed.
Once your Teddy Bear is jointed, you can stuff the limbs and sew up the seems. Make sure you use the Awl to pluck the fur out of the seems after sewing them up.
Teddy is all Jointed - view from his back
See this series from the
I like this Article
Request printables you want in the
Craft Found forum
More Articles by
Selina M S
Make Your Own Jointed Teddy Bear - 2
Now that you have your Teddy Bear pieces carefully cut out of the faux fur, it's time to start sewin...
Make Your Own Jointed Teddy Bear - 5
Our Teddy Bear is ready to have his ears sewn on and the finishing touches added
Scrapbooking Canvas Mixed Media Art
Scrapbooking is very popular these days as I am sure you have noticed
The Handmade Expo - Morayfield
**%%Do you love checking out handmade stuff? %%** **%%Do you love to make handmade items?%%** ...
Art Diary Stamping Fun Project
Since Scrapbooking exploded in popularity, the stamp options seem endless and how you choose to use ...
Make Your Own Jointed Teddy Bear - 1
Teddy Bears are special companions for us children and adults alike
view all articles by Selina M S
Selina M S
on Other Hubs
Healing Art Mends Hearts
**Art has a way of healing and soothing the heart and soul
Blood of the Lamb, a John Jordan Mystery Book 2
My Owl Experience
I am so excited to share with you my experience of meeting a beautiful Barn Owl and having my photo ...
Ready for Pets
Stand Up Against Bullying
There is a young woman, Emily Lindin who has used her to show what it was like for her dealing ...
My Google Plus Profile
Submit a Comment
Bird and Open Cage Printsheet
A page of 12 motifs for themed stationery or topics in your journal
Cardboard Tube Cat Family
Cats were revered by the Egyptians in ancient times
Printable Dotty Frames
Grab these funky, happy dotty frames for those photo snaps
1940s Crochet Snood
I made a snood for a dear friend and had to make more for other friends who got jealous
Bunnings Flower Seedlings Poster Printable to Colour
Ready for your garden of colour
Bunnings Pots Poster Printable to Colour
This one tempts me to try fantasy colours
Coloured Floral Yellows
Yellows for this vintage floral
Bunnings Lavender Poster Printable to Colour
Big old pot of lavender for you to add colour to
Bunnings Herbs Poster Printable to Colour
Herby goodness to colour
Bunnings Fuschia Poster Printable to Colour
A big pot of fuschia to colour
Colouring Pages for Women
Comicbook Animal Clipart
Cut and Paste
Comicbook Car Poster
Comicbook Halloween Collage Sheet
Serenata Blank Journal Pages
Single Journal Lined
Serenata Lined Journal Pages