Turn your old plastic gun into an old-looking metallic steam punk beast. It is as easy as 1-2-3.
Art and Craft Supplies:
1. Old plastic toy gun (the cheaper the better).
Old Plastic Gun
2. Acryllic paint (black, silver, gold, umber)
3. Paint palette
4. Paint brushes (varying sizes)
6. Jar with water
1. Paint gun black. Wait for it to dry then give it another coat. Don't apply paint too thick as this will fill in the furrows/holes which are important later on to give texture. Clean brush in jar of water.
Ready to add colour
2. Once dry, use a small brush to fill in the low-lying areas/holes/furrows etc. Silver/gold will work well. Just explore and see what works best for you. Wait for paint to dry whilst cleaning your brush.
Silver touch adds perceived value
3. Don't be afraid to mix colours to create interesting tones. The point is to make the gun look old and metallic. Experimentation is the key.
Experiment experiment EXperIMenT
4. Use a sponge to add gold. Use sparingly to create a washed-out look. Remember the point is to make the gun look old and kinda rusty/dirty.
You might need to add more black/silver to create tonal changes. Experiment with various mixes.
Sponge to create washed texture
5. There you have it. Perfect addittion to your next fancy dress or steam punk gathering.